On 2013-10-09 10:40, Logon wrote:

Hi Karoly,

> I am new to LanguageTool, have just learned about it as the HU
> translator of
> OmegaT.
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to start specifying rules for
> Hungarian.

thanks for your interest in LanguageTool, we're very much interested in
rules for Hungarian. As we don't support Hungarian yet, some code
changes are needed. If you're a Java developer and want to give it a
try, the process is described at
http://wiki.languagetool.org/adding-a-new-language

If you're not, we'll make the changes for you. But for now, I suggest
you just take some other language and remove the existing rules in its
grammar.xml file and add your new rules. Once you have some working
rules we will add real support for Hungarian and it will get its own
grammar.xml file.

I suggest you use the English grammar.xml for this. Some things will not
work yet, for example you cannot address a word's part-of-speech because
a Hungarian dictionary is needed for that.

I guess you have already found the documentation at
http://languagetool.org/development/? Let us know if you need help.

Regards
  Daniel

--