Hello,

I'm interested in using OpenLaszlo with the Catalyst perl application server.
Can anyone provide information on using laszlo with perl? I've seen very little
related information which seems strange.

SOAP and XMLhttprequest should be no problem on the perl side, but I've stayed
away from laszlo until now because I didn't want to have to run the laszlo
server and use java. However it is my understanding this is critical to media
conversion and perhaps the xmlhttprequest too.

Also can I access the internals of the DHTML target? (since I'd use Template
Toolkit with Catalyst I was thinking perhaps I could embed the DHTML rendering
into a TT template and easily pass data to it that way.)

Can the functionality of the Java laszlo server be reproduced in a perl app
server instead? I'd like to not have to run both.

At the very least I'd like to run some laszlo widgets and communicate between
them and my app. Does that require running tomcat?

Finally, whether or not I have to run tomcat, if anyone has experience with
laszlo and Perl I'd like to know where to look.

Thank you very much,

Matt R.

 a little couch potato?