On 13/10/16 15:48, Reimar Grabowski via Lazarus wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:37:53 -0300 Adrian De Armas via Lazarus
> <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> Introducing GUI is an efford to make the module more attractive to
>> the students (the droupout rate is high). The module is taught as a
>> basic science. All my students will be civil, environmental or bio
>> engineers but not computer engineers.
>
> And nonetheless you think replacing matlab with pascal (or any other
> language) is a good idea? If you just want a GUI to make it more
> fancy matlab can provide that, too.
>
> If you want modern, teach them Java and let the programs run on their
> phones or keep doing console programs and do the GUI in JS (aka web
> applications). ^^

D'oh, really.

I recall the couple of days when i downloaded Android Studio and tried
modifying the Bluetooth Chat example to do what I want...

I only wanted to put a couple of tracking sliders (for 'analog' direction and
speed
control). and make it send characters repeatedly to the serial
Bluetooth device on the other side of the link...

It did work in the end though, but any attempts to mod out the existing gui
controls
in any way were mostly greeted by app crash. I ended up trying to squeeze my
controls
into available space...

I still haven't recovered from the experience.

> R.

-L.