Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:18:11 +0100
Joost van der Sluis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 13:10 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

I'm also experiencing problems. I think the problems are related
to the codetools...

codetools use a lot of ansistrings and is a heavy user of the
memory  manager.

I suspected the codetools since ctrl-click doesn't work anymore. IT
can't fnd the sysutils unit. If you do a rescan-fpc-source manually
it works again.

When you start the IDE, do you see an error message, that the FPC
directory defines failed to build?

I see the following. (first line is normal, but it gives the place of
the error:

TApplication.IconChanged - TODO: convert this message...no
implementation in gtk or win32
ERROR: TDefinePool.CreateFPCTemplate: Access violation

Yes, that's the error I meant.
It only appears on some linux distributions. FC4 seems to be one of them.
I don't have one now here. It is definitely a lazarus bug and was introduced
after 8100.

I'm on a FC4 and I didn't notice any errors (FPC 2.0.0). I'm not really uptodate (last update last week, r8299M).

Marc

You can try to locate it by doing a binary search with:

svn up -r <number>
make
./lazarus

I will try this on monday.

NOTE: Could not create Define Template for Free Pascal Compiler
NOTE: help options config file not found - using defaults

But then you can get an 'access violation' message in the messages-
window if you try a code-completion. (Not always, but eventually.
And when it happens once, it keeps happening, until you restart
Lazarus. Which crashes at the stop of the program)

It wouldn't surprise me if these problems are caused or brought to

surface because of optimalization changes made to fpc 2.1.1 the
last days.

Can you test with fpc 2.0.2?

An older 2.0.3 is also ok? I'll do that.

We will see ...

No. The current 2.0.3 does not work.

For example:
The unit 'gl' calls FreeLibrary(0). Formerly this worked, now it
crashes.

Lazarus compiled with fpc 2.0.2 also gives the error above, and the same
problems with the codetools. It looks like it's more stable, though.
(btw: i'm on linux)

Mattias