Hi,
Thanks for your detailed answer, I read all of it :-)
To make it short ...
I never thought about using more than one configuration, thanks for pointing
this out, it would  need more space, but nowadays diskspace is cheap.
Lsync sounds nice too, I have one or two offsite locations I may use for
syncing. But the warning to not use it productive scares me a little bit.
Sparse bundles as far as I know don't exist in linux . As far as I know you
could use an hfs+ volume within linux, but normally there is no real reason
to do this for a linuxuser (if he doesn't want to share a partition between
Mac and a Linux box)
I have a list of some backup programs I try to go trough and test, I hope on
weekend I have some time to start my backup.
If I have any further questions I'll post again.

Thanks again for your answer!
Greetings from Austria,
Harald

It is