@Michael Williams: I think you have answered to the wrong thread, but no
problem ...

Thanks for your thoughts, I will ask at the rsync-amiling list. Meanwhile I
have found a big error of myself ...
My 2nd Partition which holds the source for the backup wasn't fully alligned
to the 4KiB-Blocks of my "Western Digital HDD".

(I don't know if you are familiar with this kind of harddisks:
In short they have clustersizes of 4096 Bytes (instead 512), because most
operating system work with 512 Bytes, the harddisk itself pretends to have
8x512 clusters instead of one 4096.
If you don't allign the harddisk to this sizes (if you start at sektor 63
instead of 64 (or any dividable through 8)) it has performance issues.)

 I thought it was alligned, but I made a mistake by one sektor, so I got a
problem. The second run was always faster (perhaps some caching). Now I have
alligned the 2nd partition correctly.

> As a first step I would suggest posting this question to the rsync mailing
list. I
> would be happy to assist you with as required.
>
> >> Did you have the checksum option enabled in your LBackup
> configuration?
> >
> > It is commented out:
> > # checksum_enabled="NO"
> > The default-value is No, isn't it? So I assume it is turned off.
>
> With the current version of LBackup, checksumming is disabled by default.
It
> is disabled by default primarily due to the performance hit associated
with
> enabling checksumming.
>
> With the line commented out or with the line uncommented and set to
> "NO", the --checksum argument will not be passed to rsync by lbackup.

What is the exakt rsync command used in LBackup (including options), if
nothing else is set in the configuration-file?

> Coming back to your initial question regarding the speed differences. On a
> second run with lbackup is there such a significant difference between
> lbackup and BIT?

For now there is NO significant difference between LBackup, BIT and rsync
itself.
Performance right now using any of the 3 programs:
Around: 23GB
Files: 145.056
Directories: 51.882
Time: 11-12 minutes

I assume this is a "not so bad" value, but perhaps I get some more input
regarding speed from rsync.