I have yet to see a good, working open source IAM solution. Unfortunately.

We work with commercial IAM solutions (e.g., Sun, CA) all the time with our clients, but for small installations it would be VERY nice to have a viable open source alternative.

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant

Author, "Best Practices for Managing Linux and UNIX Servers"
  http://www.puryear-it.com/pubs/linux-unix-best-practices/

Sébastien Barthélemy wrote:
Hello

thank you for this detailed explanation.

Keep in mind that you now need to provision TWO accounts, one as the primary
and one for SVN only. Assuming you have an IAM solution in place (even if
it's homebrewed), this should be a no-brainer. (Yes, we do IAM.)

No, I don't have any IAM solution, I even don't use LDAP for anything
other than testing now. Indeed, I was looking at ldap as a way to
centralize the user management, but I found no good solution. It seems
more and more obvious that the good way to handle this is to store
data in a database and use it to feed the ldap directory.

I guess this is the job of an IAM solution, do you know any good
open-source one ?