At 2002-02-08 09:29 -0600, guitarlynn wrote:
>As noted in the email and to a far lesser degree on the White
>paper, pin #30 _can_ be used with a special MB to control the WP, in
>particular with _partial_ software_named files/dirs to WP. The WP
>used with the pins #1-2 does not require the special MB or ATA
>instructions, simply a jumper or a jumper with switch, but you can't
>do partials.

Lynn,
If I understand you correctly, you believe Apacer was telling Stefaan that
Host Selectable (Close 2,3) mode wasn't supported, not that Connect to
Ground (Close 1,2) didn't work. Since there is no WP jumper on the ADM, we
need to create an adapter that jumpers pin 30 to ground when WP is desired.

Did I get that right? Anyone willing to try this, and see if it works?

If it's this easy, I can't understand why SST/Apacer didn't add a two pin
WP jumper (Close 1,2) to the ADM.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/