On Friday 08 February 2002 10:52, Mike Noyes wrote:

> Lynn,
> If I understand you correctly, you believe Apacer was telling Stefaan
> that Host Selectable (Close 2,3) mode wasn't supported, not that
> Connect to Ground (Close 1,2) didn't work. Since there is no WP
> jumper on the ADM, we need to create an adapter that jumpers pin 30
> to ground when WP is desired.

Pins #2 & 30 are ground on a typical ATA cable.

> Did I get that right? Anyone willing to try this, and see if it
> works?

I will see if I can try it today.

> If it's this easy, I can't understand why SST/Apacer didn't add a two
> pin WP jumper (Close 1,2) to the ADM.

Me either, I'm probably wrong ... so I'll use a MB I won't care to lose
just in case. If I'm guessing right, I'll manufacture the darn things.

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!