Hi folks

Thanks for the hearty welcome

I did a bit of a fly by on all the summaries presented lately on the
Webbased config subject. I would like to make a few suggestions, not
necessarily technical ones because I feel the matter has been well understood.

- Could we keep this on leaf-devel, it makes it easier to concentrate if I
don't have 2 lists to watch?.
- Could we agree to a common subject line, my procmail mail sorter is a lot
happier that way? I suggest to keep  'Webbased configuration' in the
subject for mail recognition.
- My current work is on a Java based Web application which was badly
designed, we are not in a hurry, lets try to get a good pattern for the
configurator.
- I believe we should try to build this with the currently available tools
in Dachstein/Bering, e.g. sh-httpd. Even if it eats a few cycles, it has a
miraculously small footprint.
- Let's try to build the configurator in a modular way, someone on the list
suggested to build kind of plugin to a generic configuration webpage which
would have to be implementd in each package. I think this is an excellent
idea and we should try to write specs for the interface. The developers and
maintainers of the current distributions/packages will certainly be the
most valuable resource.
- Can we build up a small subtree in the CVS structure for the
configuration tool which can be accessed by everyone just for development
purposes. A start could be the POST sh-httpd so we would not have to ask
for copies explicitly. Suggestions for the structure please. This could
help as a coordination point for our efforts.

Thanks for comments, improvements and critics.

It's late east of Greenwich, good night.

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16