Le 27 juil. 2013 à 00:44, KP Kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net> a
écrit :

> My understanding is that we also don't release 5.0.0.x, or something
> else - 5.0.1 is the maintenance version for 5.0. The changes are mostly
> package updates but no big changes.

NO, maint is for old version stable and released version that will receive only
bug fix.
master is for the future next release: see my document:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/leaf/index.php?title=Bering-uClibc_5.x_-_Developer_Guide_-_Appendices_-_Git_Workflows

As a given feature goes from experimental to stable, it also "graduates"
between the corresponding branches of the software.
Bering-uClibc uses the following integration branches:

        • maint tracks the commits that should go into the next "maintenance
release", i.e., update of the last released stable version;
        • master tracks the commits that should go into the next release;
        • next is intended as a testing branch for topics being tested for
stability for master.

So 5.0.0 is now a stable release version that enter maintenance release cycle.
5.0.1 is the next release in development

Yves