Le 27 juil. 2013 à 11:11, KP Kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net> a
écrit :

> Well, seems a problem is that we have developed two different concepts
> and naming schemes over time, which are not in sync.
> See:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/bering-uclibc/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=8:8

Not really a problem. We must have a branch for the next release (it's the
master branch).
The old branch has been released so only bugfix must be done in it.

So in our case 5.0.0 is release, it's now a maintenance branch. So we must
release only bug fix in it).
The 5.0.1 or 5.1.0 or 6.0.0 is the new master branch that will be the next
release.

> Also where do we draw the line between feature and maintenance? Moving
> from libnl to libnl3 is rather a feature than a bugfix. But what about
> package updates, like shorewall, dnsmasq etc where fixes are provided as
> well as new features?
This must be in the master branch.
For example updating shorewall must be made between 5.0.1 and 5.0.2.
5.0.1 is the master branch. We update it with shore wall update. When 5.0.2 is
released, 5.0.2 will be the new master branch and 5.0.1 the new maintenance
branch.
Everything you update is for the NEXT release, so it must be done in the master
branch.
The maint branch is only to correct bug for people using the last released
version. But maint branch must not be update with new version of package, etc…
only if it fix a big bug.

Yves