-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Erich Titl
Sent: 03 April 2003 16:07
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Bering Ipsec and Shorewall rules

Simon

At 14:07 03.04.2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Please can someone confirm whether the Shorewall Tunnels file internally
>manages the UDP Port 500 and Protocols 50 and 51?
>
>Or do I need to create rules?
>
>I have created the tunnel files as per documentation on the Bering site and
>Shorewall. But I am currently unable to get ipsec working between two
>firewalls. I am assuming at this point that something is blocking the path.

It is best if you tell the list what _exactly_ you did. Even if you made no
errors at all (to the best of your knowledge) it is quite difficult to
answer such a general question without knowledge what happens _exactly_.
Being unable to get ipsec working is not what I would call an exact
description of an error.

Maybe you should consult your log file for shorewall entries, and you may
want to reset the counters in the iptables and see where messages go
through.

HTH

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16