On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was vor some years on the original LRP-Mailinglists and
> now I have joined the leaf-project...
>
> First I have a problem, because most of older 486 does not
> support othe FD formats as 1440 kBytes...

I dispute your claim of "most"... Windows95 was originally distributed by
Microsoft on 1680k floppies.  Do you really think they would have done
that if any significant number of computers they were targeting (486 was
most common then) would not be able to read them?

> Question:       Which Version of FD-Router must/can I use  ?

I recommend trying a couple.  You will need to read the documenation for
whichever ones you use, because there are significant differences from LRP
in all of them.  Bering, Dachstein and Oxygen are all still somewhat
floppy-oriented, with Bering having most activity here recently.

> P.S.:   I am hacking on my 2.4.19 Router image...
>         And running into trouble because ulibc does not support
>         somthing I need and libc6 is tooooooooooooooooooo big !

Yes, constraining yourself to one and only one 1440k floppy is bound to be
challenging.  As for "libc6", that covers at least glibc2.0, glibc2.1, and
glibc2.2, in order of increasing capability and size.  Bering and
Dachstein use glibc2.0, same as LRP.  I haven't seen much activity on
Oxygen recently, though the development version reportedly uses glibc2.1.

>         My kernel has curently 474 kBytes and I call my distri
>         'Debian On Floppy v3.0' (but v2.1 and v2.2 exist too)
>
>         Sorry, curently I am very Off-Line and I have no wesite.

Welcome back.  I think there are many advantages to using a LEAF distro,
but I also feel I should point out that you may be closer to your goal
using your own distro than you think... once you recognize that one 1440
floppy is just too small. Larger formats, flash disks, and even old hard
disks can all be used to reach your goals, and if you scrounge some newer
computers, CD-R has been used a lot, and even USB flash disks.

> Thanks
> Michelle
>
> --
> Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
> | Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |
> | FunkLAN-Providerin                                                       |

I do think it odd that an internet service provider has no website,
though. ;)

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing