Hi, Michelle. Nice to hear from you again. Specific comments below.

At 05:00 AM 6/19/2003 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello,

I was vor some years on the original LRP-Mailinglists and
now I have joined the leaf-project...

First I have a problem, because most of older 486 does not
support othe FD formats as 1440 kBytes...

Is this comment based on very much experience? Personally, I've nver run into a 486 that did not support the 1680 KB format that LEAF uses ... though I have run into particular floppy drives or floppies that could not handle the format. I admit I don't have any recent experience with 486s ... my junk box now holds old, slow Pentium mobo/CPU combinations ... but I think you should give this another look.

Question: Which Version of FD-Router must/can I use ?

P.S.:   I am hacking on my 2.4.19 Router image...
        And running into trouble because ulibc does not support
        somthing I need and libc6 is tooooooooooooooooooo big !

Do you mean uclibc? What is the "something"?

Coming from LRP, you will probably find Dachstein easiest to adjust to. It follows Charles' older versions, derived from Matthew Grant's "mountain" series, pretty closely. It and Bering seem to be the most widely used variants these days, which means, in practical terms, more people on this list able to answer questions about them.

But for any current variant I can think of, you are going to have to address the 1680 KB problem. Or, I suppose, you could reverty to a 2-floppy boot/init process.

        My kernel has curently 474 kBytes and I call my distri
        'Debian On Floppy v3.0' (but v2.1 and v2.2 exist too)

If you want to pursue development of this distro as part of LEAF, it might be worth uploading it ... and image and probably a kernel config file ... to the LEAF site (MIke can get you set up to do this, I'm sure), so some of us can take a look at it and comment.

Sorry, curently I am very Off-Line and I have no wesite.

I'm sorry too. I hope we can help with whatever technical advice you need to get back online.