> I'll remind you that I am perfectly happy if the current proposal
> in front of WP7A goes straight through and the next leap second is
> the last I ever see.

Keep in mind that many people will be perfectly happy if the current
proposal in front of WP7A does not go through, and the current system
is kept in place.

> Here is a concrete proposal:
>
>    A.
>         Until 2009-12-15 we use the current rules, after
>         that date we use the rules in section B (below)

I'd say we need have the new system in place and debugged before
changing the rules.

>         5. Timeservices and GNSS systems should broadcast DUT1.

In standards the word "should" often means something is optional, if
manditory the word "must" is used. Any proposal with a "should" means
astronomers lose the current restriction that UT1-UTC <= 0.9 seconds
with no guarentee they can obtain delta T.