David Harper scripsit:

> I discovered last year that implementations of Java up to and including
> Java 1.3 did not implement the correct daylight saving time rules for
> the United Kingdom during the period between 27 October 1968 and 31
> October 1971 when the U.K. kept its clocks permanently one hour ahead of
> GMT and called this British Standard Time.

The point is general.  Until 1.4, Java did not implement historical timezones
at all, only current ones, so in principle you could not count on any
conversions except during the current year.

--
John Cowan  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Penguin shall hunt and devour all that is crufty, gnarly and