Thanks! That definitely helps.

I think the documentation needs updating (documentation being one of my
main gripes with ledger). I'd suggest a solution: Host the documentation on
wiki, which would allow community to build and keep the documentation up to
date. Issues like these for e.g., could be easily marked by the user as
"not working", and then updated by someone in the know-how with the right
instructions. That collaborative effort on documentation is the only way to
keep high quality and easy to understand documentation.

For starters, the wikia service could be used (to avoid the pains of
setting up our own):
http://www.wikia.com