Hard to explain the difference between documents and documentation. To me, it's
clear -- sort of like Dropbox has file versioning, but that doesn't make it a
version control system. The requirements of producing office related documents,
isn't the same as providing documentation to end users. And hence, the systems
designed around these requirements are inevitably different.

But, I digress. The point is, I think ledger documentation could use a revamp.
As a relatively new user (been over a year), I know a few basic commands, that
I get by. But, any time you want to dig deeper, things feel a lot unclear and
complicated.