> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 19:21:03 +0000
> From: Taylor R Campbell <campbell+ledger-...@mumble.net>
>
> > Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:24:58 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Johann Höchtl <johann.hoec...@gmail.com>
> >
> > 2018-02-04 * TV set delivery
> >   Deposit:Electronics  $250
> >   Assets:Banking  -$250
> >   Expenses:Electronics
> >   Deposit:Electronics   = $0
>
> This is reasonable for accrual-based accounting, though I would put
> Deposits under Assets, Assets:Deposits:Electronics (or even a more
> detailed Assets:Deposits:ACME Vendor, Inc.:20180104 to separate it
> from other deposits), since presumably if you don't make the second
> payment then the vendor is obligated to return the funds, so they
> count toward your assets until you commit with the second payment.

This can also be simplified a little bit: just draw from the deposit
and your bank simultaneously, rather than adding to the deposit and
then subtracting from it:

2018-02-04 TV set delivery
   Expenses:Electronics   $1050
   Assets:Banking         $-250
   Deposit:Electronics    $-800 = $0

(Both the negative amounts are omissible too, I think, though the
redundancy doesn't hurt for error-checking.)