Hello everybody!

I stumbled on ledger in my search for finance bookkeeping system as Excel
does not really satisfy all my needs

I first tested gnucash but I was told
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-Cashflow-like-report-to-show-realized-and-unrealized-gains-balance-sheet-delta-report-tc4708109.html>

it can't do what I need. So I am just wondering whether ledger can do this:

Sorry, if express what I need in gnucash terms, I am just not familiar with
ledger terminology yet

What I need is following:

======================================

I am looking for Income Statement" aka "Profit/Loss Statement"  report
which would show unrealized gain due to changes in stock and currency
exchange rate

Say at the beginning of the year I have produced a Balance Sheet report.
This report shows how much assets I have, which liabilities and delta
between them. Suppose at begging of the year I had checking accounts in USD
and Euro and some stock.
Throughout the year I was getting salary, paying expenses, at the same time
exchange rate was changing, stock price was changing etc. My be I sold some
stock, moved money between USD and Euro accounts

Now at the end of the year I have produced a new balance sheet.

So, I want to be able to explain a delta between a balance sheet at the
beginning of the ear and at the end.

E.g.:

I got so much salary
I paid so much costs

But also:
Lost so much due to exchange rate change
Gained to much due to stock price increase etc.

So, effectively I need to be able to drill down in the delta in Balance
Sheet report

Regards.
Chary