On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 9:16 AM Chary Chary <chary...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> yes, thanks for your patience. Sorry if I did not express myself correctly
> initially. You got me right with small corrections. I want:
> - a single report - that shows the change in your assets and Liabilities
> between two points in time

This report is called 'Net Worth' using GAAP terms. Used by businesses
all the time.

> I need to study more all these Leger's options.
> It seems to be really powerful tool, but not straightforward. I think to
> understand ones needs to know internal data representation of the tool, what
> it does and how it presents data internally.

I agree with the first part of your sentence. The second is perhaps
not accurate.
Excellent accounting information is highly complex. Check out forward
cost accounting
for product development if you want to have a lot of 'fun'. Often that
innate complexity of
accounting is what is being reflected by ledger . The logic is simple
- - as is that for 'record
keeping' but that doesn't mean that the process nor the use is. I find
that's why some people
get someone else to do this - - - its easier to just use the final
reports. (Making sure that
these reports are accurate is quite another job though!)

Dee