What thouroughly annoyed me? This post. And the excessive use of full stops.
And the continued negative hand wringing. Again.
Not just having a go at Dr Mike, but for all those agreeing with sentiments
like the kneejerk reactions we saw after Swansea, can you not see how well we
have done this season, rather than focus on the few negatives? We have taken a
few hammerings this season, yet we sit 6th, and have scored more goals that any
other team. We KNOW we have a poor defence, and that defending has caused us
most of our problems this season. To suggest that Grayson is not aware of this,
and not trying to solve the problem smacks of ignorance.
I keep hearing people asking where the investment is and why we aren't paying
people like Johnson "what they are worth". Sorry, but some of you have very
short memories. The days of playing half-decent footballers "what they are
worth" are what led us all the way to the 3rd division. Johnson is a decent
player, but if he thinks he is one of the best players in the Championship, he
is deluded. He was a good 3rd division player, and he has had some good games
at this level, but I totally agree with the club's stance of not being held to
hostage by a player's demands, especially one that should grateful for being
given the chance of playing for a top team in the Championship when he was
plucked from the 4th division and obscurity. Johnson may yet sign with us, but
if he leaves because he wants more money, I say, good luck finding a better
club, or one with as much potential. I tend to trust the management making him
a sensible offer, and if he turns it down, then that is just part and parcel of
business. If you are always prepared to up your offer and fail to lead
negotiations, then how can you expect to run a business properly? Johnson was
offered a slightly better contract at the turn of the year, but he is holding
out for much more than we are prepared to pay. Why is letting him go then, a
bad thing?
As has been said over and over by Bates and Grayson, we have been after targets
all season, but it sounds as if some of you would rather see us spend money,
any money, rather than target specific players that add to the squad and are
good value. Do you lot want Leeds to go into administration again like clubs
like Leicester are flirting with by paying exorbitant wages? Do you want us to
gamble on future seasons by going all out this season, shit or bust, to try and
gain promotion?
99% of Leeds fans would have taken this position at the beginning of the season
(6th). While some of you are now getting ahead of yourselves and lamenting a
promotion that isn't yet out of the question, and wasn't a priority this season
anyway, Grayson and Leeds are getting on with building a strong team, with
masses of potential, and a firm financial foundation.
We are playing the best football I have seen in over 7 years. We have a solid
core of superb young players. We have a brilliant young manager. And we are on
solid financial grounding. Cheer up. It's all good.