>>No I'm not, you said paying all the first team squad 11k a week  equated
to 7 mill a year or 25% of turnover. I was saying we could pay that over
the full squad. Like I say, deloitte say that 60% ratio is sustainable in
football. It gives us a lot of wriggle room to invest in the squad sustainably,
 which I am assuming you want. If you don't, what are you doing  here?<<

We turned over £27m and made a profit of £3m. You're advocating playing the
 first team squad £11k a week (£14.3 million for 25 players) - which would
be  around the level you suggest is sustainable. It would also be a
monumental wage  bill for a championship team. And considering we're paying
most
players £4k a  week or less, how much of a loss would we be making if you
lumped all those  extra wages on to the cost base? 25 players at £4k a week is
£5.2m. So do the  maths - you'd turn our £3m profit into a £6m loss.

Ridsdale economics.

I'm happy for the club to be run as a stable business even if it does mean
it'll take longer to find our way back to the top of the premier league.

>>I also said that that was on the assumption the figures you  quote are
right. Which I doubt, not because you haven't looked at the accounts,  just
that you can bet your bottom dollar lots of our cash is spirited away
offshore.<<

You have no way of knowing that. But the accounts are public, so you can
see for yourself.

>>Well, maybe they're a shite team with low attendances because  they
choose to invest in non-football income streams rather than the playing  squad.

Hey at least we can get a whole load of Mondeo men to come to  Elland Road
trying to sell bridal wear or whatever. You really don't get it. It  is a
football club. It's business is football. That's why we are  here.<<

I'm just trying to get my head round the concept of investing in income
streams.

Investment = money spent

Income stream = money received

Coventry invested in a new ground several years ago and included some
excellent corporate facilities. Why should that do anything other than bring in

revenue that benefits the club? It gives them the ability to hold
money-spinning  events that they couldn't have run at their previous shit-hole
of a
ground. How  does it affect the football side of the business? Does the coach
run the  exhibitions? Do the players serve the food in the cafe?

I could be on to something here...