No apologies for the non LU content - (there's bugger all to talk about
anyway at the moment)

I see she that someone has just got a police caution for making online
remarks about Simon Cowell's organisation and the "talent" that he finds.

There's lots of things to say about both the "loser TV" that makes Simon
Cowell and others very rich, but I'm posting more about the free-speech
aspect of this. I think that there are very tough libel and slander laws in
the UK, so much so that people come from all over the world to sue because
the playing field isn't entirely level. So why does Simon Cowell need a
new(ish) criminal act to protect his reputation? Why do governments pander
to these people. Pander? Pander! is anyone suggesting that in a different
context a Simon Cowell would have a criminal record himself?

This is wrong.

Damian