Thanks for all your suggestions - there are more than one that are noted
for the future.

In the end I arrived in Leeds quite late and the first restaurant to answer
the phone was Bibis so we went there.

In spite of good, friendly and attentive service (full marks for that) it
was a bit of a disappointment - the food was so so (but we were late......)
and the wine was priced for label rather than quality. Above all it
suffered because I'd eaten in an Italian restaurant at lunchtime in Reading
where I'd eaten an drunk just as well for less that half the price.

However (Leeds bit coming up), if we ever sign any comedic Italian players
from New Chersey it feels like they would be well at home there :)

Damian