To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: 08 October 2009 18:51
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Central Place for All Source Details (Citations)?

Only the you get Error 6 which is not listed among Solutions by Error.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Brian/Support <br...@legacyfamilytree.com> wrote:

There is no central place to access all the details linked to a single master source and amend them, en mass. There is a report you can prepare to help you with finding where those details are used however.
Go to View > Master Lists > Source
Click on options and select Print
There is an option there to print Master sources and all citations (details) to each one. The sub option of include specific events will list not only everyone in your file but also the events for each person. By tagging Master Sources you can create a report for a group of sources that will divide your project into manageable pieces.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

William H. Boswell wrote:

I am still reorganizing my data in Legacy 7 and am finding it real time
consuming for the Source Details that are linked to many people.  For
instance, when I imported a GEDCOM from Family Tree Maker into Legacy, all
of the Detail Text was put into Detail Comments.  I've been moving them
manually, but many of them are linked to more than one person and finding
them all is not an easy task.  These include source text from cemetery
records and obituaries mostly, but are also census records.

What I've been doing is editing one Source Detail, copying it to the
clipboard, then pasting it back after removing the old one.  Is there a
central place where I can access all of them, update one and have the others
update as it does for Sources?  If there isn't, this should be something for
the next version.  Of course, by then I will be done with this tedious
project.

I'm always afraid I'm creating duplicates of the same citation.  I hate to
say this, but this was a lot easier in FTM 2009 but I'll never go back to
FTM again.

Bill Boswell