Scott Hall wrote
>One of my principal sources has information like this entry:
>
>'Catherine married Joel C. Homan, son of Thomas H., of Mendham; lived
>there, and had children:'
>
>I'm trying to figure out the best way to record in Legacy the "of" and
>"lived".  Do you create custom events and record it there?  Add it to
>the notes (which has source citation challenges)?  Something else?

I tend to avoid entering anything that comes to me in the form of "of
Anytown."  Does it mean born there?  Does it mean lived there for many,
many years or just for a few weeks?  It's perhaps a basis for further
research and I might record it somewhere, but *not* as a fact.

As for "lived" - again, a basis for further research and I would use it
if I had some idea of the period of time, "about 1800-1810" of "from
1820-".  I have used the words "during World War II" in Event notes
where I didn't know the exact year range.
--
Jenny M Benson