There are even smaller areas that received nicknames over the years.   My
mom-in-law always referred to one area as the Patch.  On a census I  found,
on the left-hand column, a reference to Groves Patch.  I'm now using  that as
in ...Area, Township, County, State, Country.  It pinpoints  exactly where
they lived.

I've also started using defining words in names.  Such as:   Benjamin
"Magnolia" Wallick.  There are quite a few Benjamin Wallicks in my  line and by
inserting the city, "Magnolia", where he lived, I know immediately  which one
he is.

Sally Miller Hindley

In a message dated 8/2/2010 11:20:25 AM Eastern  Daylight Time,