Steve <pt...@mchsi.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't a researcher have the persons information with the
> source? One
> wouldn't go to a library or county clerk with just a source
> citation would
> they?  I don't know why I can't get my head around
> this, even with the
> ScourceWriter template.  I have edited the citation
> below.
>
> Do I need this> "C:4, Births, 1755-1823, Line 30" in the
> citation twice?

I'm not familiar with Swedish records, and I apologize if I'm taking your
questions out of context, but:

You bet I might go to a library or county clerk with just a source citation
(although I'd probably know at least the name of the person to whom it
supposedly referred).  "Give me probate packet #2467 please; it should be for
James Doe," or "I want to see Deed Book FF," and then I'd turn to page 276.  I
do that kind of thing rather frequently, as a matter of fact.

No, I wouldn't put that (or probably any) specific info twice in the same
citation.

Although I'm not familiar with Swedish records, your citation should be
specific enough that someone like me can readily find exactly the record you
looked at.

For example, if I were to register for genline.com, and assuming your citation
is complete, I should be able to find a database labeled "Births, 1755-1823"
covering the Romfartuna, Västmanland locality (does C:4 refer to a volume and
page number?) and either browse to Line 30, or plug the name Johanna Astrom
into the search engine, and find her name on Line 30 (although I'd have to
teach myself a bit of Swedish to comprehend what I found).

Does this help?

Connie