While I agree with Jerry's general suggestion ("keep master sources more broad,
just not too broad"), I draw the line differently.

I *do* keep my Master Source for US census records at the county, not the
state, level.  Makes for a lot less work fiddling with details, *and* helps me
see at a glance when I look at my source list what records I've looked at in a
county, since that is the primary jurisdiction for most records in most US
states.

I don't want to re-start the "splitting" vs. "lumping" sources debate except to
let Cheryl and any other new users know that is a decision you will want to
make before you get too far down the road using Legacy.

Connie