Joan,

I'm a bit confused by your question, but I hope one of these answers will be
responsive:

(1) An unspecified "event" (not source) is built in to Legacy for every
person.  As far as I know, you can't change it.  What you can do, however, is
ignore it.

Make sure you've copied the source to the Source Clipboard, then delete the
citation to the Unspecified Event.  Then, attach the source to the event or
events you want it attached to, such as Name, Date of Birth, etc.

(2) If that is not what you're asking, then all you should have to do is rename
the source from your Master Source List (Master Source List>Edit).  For sources
you never use, Master Source List>Options>Purge Unused.

Connie