Joan,

You can't create a template for your sources, per se.  What you have to do is
create a Master Source (such as the name of a book, or the state/country that
issued the birth certificate) and then add Source Details (such as the page
number of the book, or the birth certificate number).  Most genealogy programs
work this way, although they may use slightly different terminology.

Legacy already supplies the templates for various kinds of sources including
marriage records and birth certificates, or you can use the Basic Source system
(which is a generic template for your sources).

Once you've created a Master Source, you can use the Source Clipboard to paste
the source into multiple events (although you may need to change the source
detail depending upon how you've set up the Master Source).

Connie