Sherry,
Sorry, I may have been sloppy in how I phrased what I'd done, and interchanged
these terms upgrade and update. However, this is what I did :
- When I migrated from 7.5 to 8, I did so by making the online payment to get a
new customer number, and following the download link in the confirmation e-mail
that came from Legacy Customer Service. That took me to the website, and the
download happened from there, as it should.
The problem I had with incorrect language file version happened immediately on
launch after installation.
- In order to update to the next build level, I did that from the Legacy Home
Tab.
The file version problem still manifested itself on launching. That's when I
came to the mailing list for help.
I'm sorry if I confused with my lack of clarity, but the process I followed was
precisely the one advised. It wasn't a major problem ; I merely mention to
Bryan that if someone has an installation problem, it does not follow that the
user didn't follow the recommended process.

Alex