On 05 Jun 2014 19:07, Pat Hickin wrote:

> Then how come I  can copy from a rootsweb site, specifically
> http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2444957&id=I588129855
>that is in Times New Roman into WP and the copy IS in Calibri 13 pt (my WP
> default font)?

It all depends on what data is actually copied to the clipboard and how it is
represented. Text can be represented in multiple fashions according to the
supplier of the text. Consumers of the clipboard vary according to their
capabilities and may not always possess the capability of rendering the
clipboard as the supplier intended. This is why HTML copied from a website and
rendered only as plain text, appears with all the markup when pasted into
something that consumes plain text.

--
Regards, Mike Fry
Johannesburg