      From: Michele/Support <mich...@legacyfamilytree.com>
 To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
 Sent: Monday, September 7, 2015 7:43 AM
 Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Error in new version

The clue was “not an index in this table”  The data wasn’t lining up correctly.
 I always like to think of a check/repair like the Windows “defrag” and
“chkdsk” (though this might not be the best analogy if you ask one of the
programmers).  When you are working in your file making additions, merges,
deletions and imports the data gets “loose.”  (I don’t know of a better way to
explain this).  When you do a check/repair everything gets checked and lined up
properly.  Sometimes there will be a reference or a link to something that
doesn’t exist anymore and the check/repair will delete that reference/link.

It is important to do routine check/repairs on your file.  The more you work in
your file and/or the larger your file is, the more important check/repairs are.
 I work in my file every day so I check/repair my file every day before I
backup my file.  If I am entering a lot of data and I am going to backup more
than once in a day I will check/repair my file before every backup.  This might
be a bit of overkill but it certainly doesn’t hurt anything.

Michele
Technical Support
Millennia Corporation
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com