Like many Legacy reports, there are MANY options that you can chose to alter the appearance of the report.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you select 1 or 2 people to include in this report and play with the various different options until you are happy with the look. Once you are happy with the look, SAVE the report LAYOUT and THEN run it for everyone.

Also, there are different ways of getting into this report:
* My Toolbar, Report Menu, Individual tab
* Reports, Pedigree Chart, then change to Individual tab
* Reports, Chart Reports, Individual Chart
* etc, etc, etc

You MAY also want to first run a NAME LIST report - it may give you what you want. Although I think I prefer the INDIVIDUAL report.

So, to do a test run:
1 first (for testing/playing/experimenting), tag a couple of people using a tag that is not currently in use.
2 Reports, Chart Reports, Individual Chart
3 On the first screen, I'd suggest you do NOT check "include chronology pages" - when you generate the report for everyone in the database this can cause it to be EXTREMELY long (it can include such things as presidents, wars, kings, inventions, etc, etc, etc that occurred during each person's life) and it can cause the creation to take a LONG LONG time.
4 Click the RECORD SELECTIONS button near the bottom of the screen
5 Click the "Individuals with tag:" choice, and change the number to the number you used in step 1
6 click CLOSE
7a Make sure there is a CHECK MARK at the corner of INDEX OPTIONS button
7 Click INDEX OPTIONS button
8 Pick choices as desired. In a couple minutes you will be doing a PREVIEW to screen first, so try something and do a preview. Then try something else and do a preview. Continue experimenting until the index looks as desired. 9 Note that it can create both a NAME INDEX and a LOCATION INDEX - select each tab to make changes.
10 Click OK to exit out of INDEX OPTIONS
11 Click REPORT OPTIONS button
12 Note that there are 4 tabs here with different choices. Play with them and do a preview to see what you like. 12a - sounds like you DO want to select FORMAT tab and, in the 2nd column, pick "NUMBER ALL PAGES CONSECUTIVELY" 12b - don't overlook the buttons at the right for PAGE SETUP, HEADERS, FOOTERS and for FONTS
13 Click CLOSE to exit REPORT OPTIONS
14 If desired, click COLOR TEXT AND BOXES button and play with the options
15 I do not see a way to create a table of contents for this report
16a Do NOT select PDF FILE yet (center right). Instead, keep it on SCREEN/PRINTER
16b Click PREVIEW
16c Review the report, see what you like or don't like
17 Click CLOSE and continue to play with other options in INDEX, REPORT, and COLORS
18 Click PREVIEW
18a Repeat until you are happy with the layout
19 OPTIONAL - once happy with the layout, click SAVE (near bottom right of window). This will allow you to save the report LAYOUT so you can get back to the same option choices later later.
20 Once you are happy with how it looks, click RECORD SELECTION
21 Click ALL INDIVIDUALS IN THE ENTIRE FILE (center of the pop-up window)
22 Click CLOSE
23 At the right center of the window, pick your output choice. Sounds like you want to pick PDF file...but isn't there a limit to PDF size? Or is it a limit on PDF dimensions (for when creating a chart)? I remember running into a PDF limit someplace. 24 Since you selected PDF FILE, preview is no longer available, and the PRINT button has changed to CREATE.
25 Select CREATE
26 Give it a name. MAKE A NOTE OF THE LOCATION (or change to another location) so you can find the PDF file later.
27 Click SAVE
28 Depending on the size of your file, this can take a LONG time.
29 Eventually you should see a pop-up offering to let you view the PDF file now. Click YES or NO as desired.

To answer your specific questions
1. Where under "Record Selection" do I find "All individuals"?
See step 21 above

2. Do I have any options as to the order in which the reports are printed?
I don't think you get a choice of order

3. Will the pages be numbered consecutively?
See step 12a above

4. Will this automatically generate a table of contents?
Does not look like it

5. Will this automatically generate an index?
See step 7 above

6. How long will this take???
It depends on the # of people in your database, and on what report & index options you select. I had several options selected (pictures, both indexes, etc) and I have about 1700 people - it took about 3 or 4 minutes to create.

By the way - one way to find out how many people and "unattached" people (or groups of unattached people) is to select:
* View, TREES
* Total up the COUNT after each item in the TREE LIST.
* Chances our the item with the largest count is your main people/tree. All others in the list are NOT connected to your main people.

1. Where under "Record Selection" do I find "All individuals"?

2. Do I have any options as to the order in which the reports are printed?

3. Will the pages be numbered consecutively?

4. Will this automatically generate a table of contents?

5. Will this automatically generate an index?

6. How long will this take???

Thanks!

Pat