Thank you Jane,
I should have been specific. Gedcoms cannot be integrated with the online FS Tree building system.
https://familysearch.org/family-trees

Uploaded GedComs can be searched and I am sure that they are useful as clues. The IGI and the 'submitted genealogies' have been around for many years - originally sent to the FHL in Salt Lake City by both the lay public and LDS Members.

As Family Historians and Genealogists, we owe it to our Ancestors and Descendants to be as accurate as we can possibly be.

Martha