On 14 Oct 2016 15:57, John Francis wrote:

James Spencer (a corporal in the Grenadier Guards) married Ellen Kemp on 24 Dec
1868 in St. Margaret's Church, Westminster. The couple then married again on 27
Feb 1871 in the Royal Chapel in the Tower of London. I am now looking into
possible reasons for them going through two marriage ceremonies, but my
immediate problem is: how do I record the two marriages in Legacy?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

I believe at that time, the soldier would have needed the permission of his commanding officer in order to get married. Perhaps, in the eyes of the Army, permission wasn't forthcoming until later, hence the second marriage.

Mike Fry (Jhb)