On 07-Aug-17 11:40 AM, Tom Beckham via LegacyUserGroup wrote:
I have just installed the basic version of Legacy. Although I have specified uk English language. I can see that certain parts of the program have US part i.e the state/counties. Is it possible to be changed to the UK counties. Or is this possible in the full version.

I presume you are referring to options such as the US Counties Verification. As far as I know there is no UK equivalent for this. "English (UK) language" mainly means that you get English spellings.

If you look at Options>Customise you will see there are lots of choices you can make about how dates, measurements, etc are displayed.

One thing you want to ignore if your research is largely in the UK is the "encouragement" to use 4-field locations. UK places (whether or not you choose to include street address in a location) do not fit into this mould. Use as many fields as you want/need and then sort the list from right to left (country, county, city, etc) so the grouping is correct.

Legacy is, of course, a program developed in the US by Americans so it does have an American bias (as do the wonderful Legacy Webinars - have you discovered them yet?) but don't let that put you off.

--
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/