Date: 3/10/18  12:14 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Changing Programs?

I presently using Family Tree Maker 2005 (a fairly old one).
However, Family Tree Maker (FTW) is now in the hands of McKiev since the demise
of Genealogy.com, (they have been gobbled up by Ancestry.com and I am not a
member of Ancestry). There were  a number of things I could do in FTW
software like saving reports to desktop other than to My Documents, exporting a
file to .pdf – things I am unable to do now. As a result, I am thinking very
seriously of changing software for my family genealogy.

I have a huge concern, however. I have spent the better part
of 17 years accumulating information on my families and I don’t want to
lose any of this information. Some of my files are huge. So here is my
question:

Is there a way I can transfer all my files to Legacy? Has
anybody on the list ever done this? I am scared to death to lose any of this
information.

I would be grateful for any information and guidance readers
can give me,

Dorothy