Cindy,
Here are the Support articles on your errors.

http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00261/11/Error-Messages-Problems/Error-503-Backup-problem.html

http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/article/AA-00271/11/Error-Messages-Problems/Error-508-Cannot-move-temporary-file-to-target-zip-file.html

It's a bit strange to get either of these if you are backing up to your computer hard drive as you indicate. The default location for backups is ...\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data\ folder but that's because it's a folder Legacy created so knows about. You should backup to an external drive or to a folder that syncs to the cloud - like a Dropbox folder or Google Drive or OneDrive.

To use the backup data zip, you don't unzip it yourself. You use File > Restore File in Legacy and it does the unzipping as part of the process.

Cathy

Cindy Custer <mailto:custerc...@comcast.net>
Wednesday, 18 August 2021 05:08

For some reason, my backups have stopped working. When I try to backup I receive either a 503 or a 508 error message

telling me that the system cannot Access the .zip files.  I have my backup locations set as C:User\/myname/\Documents\Legacy

Family Tree\Data\/database name\/8-17-2021-2021-8-17 4.51.27 PM.zip AND C:User\/myname/\Documents\Legacy

Family Tree\Data\/database name\/8-17-2021-2021-8-17 4.51.27 PM-media.zip

I opened the last file that I saved to my USB flash drive (K:) to try and backup on my C: drive.  The latest backup (zip) files showing

In my C: drive are dated 8-11-2021.

I tried to do a restore from the unzipped K: drive, but the unzipped files don’t show when I use the Restore icon in Legacy software.

I obviously don’t understand how the files are relating to each other. What should I do now?

Basically I want to get the unzipped file from my K: USB flash drive resident onto my C: Legacy 9 software so that I can create a

Zipped backup file and be able to proceed backing up future changes.  I have 1057 individual names in my database. I am using

Legacy 9 version 9.0.0.182 and I am running Microsoft 10 Pro 64bit version 2004 (May 2020 update)

custerc...@comcast.net <mailto:custerc...@comcast.net>

Avast logo <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>