Yes, You will need to copy the Legacy folders from their current location to the new drive/documents before you open Legacy after redirecting Windows to the new drive.

When legacy starts if it does not see the _appData folder in the Windows Documents folder for the user it will create a new one using the default copies from the Legacy Install files in the Windows Program Files folders. This will effectively reset all your options to default values.

Brian Kelly