Thank you all for the advice and pointers,  I don't seem to be able to do a
backup that stays.
One drive is off,  The location given by Legacy as the target space has a
2022 backup file but nothing 2023
A global search of .zip does not show the backup files.
I even changed the name of the file and ran a backup to ensure that it was
not getting lost in the mix.
Nada.
I am going to switch machines and try from there.

Ian