On 23/01/2024 11:11 pm, Jenny M Benson wrote:

Why on earth not use the unique identifier provided by Legacy - the RIN.

I'm with you Jenny and have done it this way for ages now, the only issue is you must be aware never to overwrite or alter the current RINs & heaps of backups too of course.

For Census Sourcing, I use 12345-1871Census.jpg then I use the same format for Birth, Baptism & Death sourcing.
For marriage I use the MRIN & identify it as 12456-MRIN.

It works for me, but of course once decided on this course of action it's (in my case) probably too hard to change it.

Each to their own I suppose.
David Cripps in Hobart

--
David Cripps <cripp...@aussiebb.com.au>