This is not the same as the FAG number as the Fag number is a direct link
to Find a Grave whereas the user ID is connected to naught.

Ian

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 1:50 PM Ms Mary K. Lund via LegacyUserGroup <
legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com> wrote:

> To answer the question of "to RIN' or not to "RIN": Copied from Legacy
> file Help
>
> *User ID*
>
> This field is for any reference number you want to record for this
> individual.  You can use any combination of letters, numbers and
> punctuation marks.  There is a tool on the *Options > Customize > Other *tab
> where you can automatically fill the *User ID* fields for all individuals
> with the RIN numbers and optional text.  (See Customize - Other for more
> information.)
> Mary K. Lund
>
> On Friday, February 2, 2024 at 05:24:08 AM CST, Jenny M Benson <
> ge...@cedarbank.me.uk> wrote:
>

> On 02/02/2024 01:12, Ian Macaulay wrote:
> > Do any of you see why Find a grave numbers should not be made a unique
> > field.
> > In order to not allow a duplicate entry.  I have for a second time
> > requested this feature and am hoping that there is not a problem
> > somewhere else that I have not considered.
> >
> > My  program crashes often  and always has a duplicate or two in the
> > error report.
> > It is the only reason I can find for these crashes.  It takes three runs
> > at  File maintenance to get up and running again.
> >
> > If you have an objection to making this field unique please post it/
> > If not and you agree with my poorly stated state of affairs, send a
> > request for feature to Legacy via the  request feature in the "Help/
> > request featurte"  drop down.
>
> Seems a good idea so I have submitted a request.
>
> --
> Jenny M Benson
> Wrexham, UK
>

> --

> Archives at:
> --

> Archives at:

  ICMac Sales:     Hobby consultant (1986r.)
Office hours:   10:00 Am - 5:00 PM  most days
              Macaulay Genealogy
                 Family Matters
      Ian Macaulay    of Carp, Ontario