On 03/02/2024 03:03, Ian Thomas wrote:
As a side issue, I have found FAG memorials including photos, for individuals who died and were buried  elsewhere – with no mention that the Memorial is not in the burial or death place. In fact, for 3 instances, the birth and death places in the FAG memorial text asserts that they actually died in that place (Australian state #1), when it was actually at another (Australian state #2) which is more than 300km distant.

Unless I have other proof that the person is actually buried where FAG says the Memorial is, I do not record the FAG entry as a Burial event, but simply as a "general" Event entitled "Memorial Inscription" which reads something like "Memorial Inscription: A Gravestone in XYZ Cemetery, Cemetery Address, bears the inscription 'Joe Bloggs, son of Jack, died 01 January 1801. Rest in Peace.'"

If I had proof that the FAG entry is incorrect I would message the person maintaining that entry. I don't think I've had to do that so far, but on several occasions I have provided additional information which has been accepted and recorded.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK