I’ve always used the FAG field number for an individual to go directly to that
person in FAG when I’m working with the family. If there’s a duplicate number,
shouldn’t that be either the Genealogist’s or FAG’s error?

Jane in Phoenix

From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of
Ian Macaulay
Sent: Friday, February 2, 2024 5:19 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] A question about FAG numbers

The FAG number actually can link to FAG. It is an important part of my
research.  The problem is when Ruth white who married Joe blow is registered as
Ruth Blowin one set and Ruth  White in another and they both have the same FAG
ID.  within a few searches the system crashes.  If Legact reported a duplicate
in the FAG field this would not happen.  Making the number unique would solve
the issue with the least amount of code.

On Fri, Feb 2, 2024 at 1:40 PM TheyBrokeTheMold <theybrokethem...@gmail.com