Hi,

On 11/19/10 15:38, Ed Avis wrote:
That's one reason why I think a dual licence under both the proposed new
licences
and the existing CC-BY-SA is a good idea - because it provides a guarantee
beyond
doubt that all currently allowed uses of the map data will still be okay.

For me, as a PD advocate, the more licenses you license the stuff under the better as it will combine the loopholes of every single one.

If, however, you intend to "protect" our data by putting it under a share-alike data, then any additional license you add weakens that "protection". Your suggestion would effectively kill the relatively strong share-alike element of ODbL that requires people to share the database *behind* a produced work, rather than just the work itself.

Anyhow - the contributor terms would technically allow OSMF to dual-license as you request, even without asking the mappers, so you just stand for election to the board and then effect that decision.