>> Also, the idea that the "vote" could be conducted via email is rather
>> humorous.  Can't wait to see the dispute over the "hanging chads" in
>> that scenario.
>
> I'm not sure why its humerous. There seems (to me) to be nothing wrong
> in principle in holding a vote by email or indeed by any other
> electronic means.

Maybe it worked for usenet, but that was back when having an email
address was a sign of intelligence.

Besides the obvious problem of parsing the various responses to
determine intent, there's also the issue that email is completely
insecure and the question of how to handle contributors who have
multiple accounts under different email addresses.

> There are of course problems, but then so are there with paper ballots as we
> all know.

I wouldn't suggest a paper ballot either.